Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Three Auditions + Grace & Race

Just a quick update on my recent auditions:

-This last weekend, I auditioned by video submission for a student film entitled Finding the Words. The casting person was very happy with the submission and passed it on to the director.

-On Friday, I will audition for one of the twenty spots for actors at the NY Connection taking place in March, which would put me in front of agents and casting directors and give me the opportunity to learn from them for 5 days straight, 10am to 10pm! Wowzers. I have a goal to get an agent by June 1, and I would plan to use this to try and open that door.

-On Sunday, I have an audition for a movie musical called Picture Perfect. I am going out for the role of the rebellious daughter who is immersed in her struggle with an eating disorder.



And on Friday, I will join some other actors who are part of Redeemer Presbyterian's Actors Group to present an evening called The Drama of Grace & Race. Come out and see it! 7:30pm at the Redeemer Offices (1359 Broadway 4th Floor New York, NY 10018). I have not seen the piece I am performing yet, so it might be an exercise in cold reading!

The vision for the event is "to see the Redeemer Body embrace the Gospel call to redeemed relationships where the ethnic/racial other is pursued." There will be a discussion after the readings, which is the main focus of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment