Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Very Big News: MFA in Acting

After a rigorous preparation and audition period this last November-January, I am very excited to announce that I have been accepted to the MFA in Acting program at the University of Alabama's Department of Theatre & Dance.  I will begin classes as well as a teaching assistantship in August.

The program lasts three years, and includes training in voice, movement, classical works, musical theatre voice and dance, on-camera acting, as well as classes in other areas of the theater craft.

I am so very excited for the opportunity to invest three years in intensive training and hands-on work, for the chance to really hone my craft and enhance my career opportunities in the performing arts.

A special thank you to Jenny Guy, Jeri Smith, Courtneay Sanders, and Robert Walters for their coaching, and especially to my husband, Chris, for his support and love.

I will end this post with my first official internet posting of Alabama spirit:

Roll tide!

No comments:

Post a Comment