Friday, July 31, 2009

News: Accepted as a member of 13th Street Repertory

This week, I interviewed and auditioned to become a company member of 13th Street Repertory Theater, an off-off-Broadway theater in the Village. After an interview, I was accepted into the company! I then had the opportunity to perform for the directors in their intimate 60-something seat theater.

Talking to Edith O'Hara, the owner of the theater since 1972, who is now 92 years old, I got the sense that she really gets what it's all about. Everything frivolous about the acting world just fell away as I sat on the couch and she sat in her armchair in the theater lobby and told me about her childhood in upstate Idaho, her three children (all artistically gifted), and her lifelong devotion to theater.

I will keep this blog updated with any new developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment