Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bard Business

Yesterday was Shakespeare Day for me! I took a free Shakespeare class with Andy Goldberg of The Shakespeare Gym in Manhattan, which was wonderful! It really made acting Shakespeare, and the approach to acting in general, a total body experience. I loved it. I ended the class really needing some water. We'll see if my schedule, budget, and goals work out to where I decide to continue with his training.

Last night, I auditioned for the Queens Players' production of Julius Caesar at The Secret Theatre in Long Island City. Coincidentally, this production will also be taking a total body approach to Shakespeare--there's even a physical bootcamp required for the whole cast. So great! If I've been called back, they'll let me know this week sometime. I am definitely excited about the prospect of taking on both Shakespeare and a team-building physical challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment